Thread: Can you guys tell me how the hell i did this?

Can you guys tell me how the hell i did this?

So the 4L80 in my HD started acting up. Slipping alot, and it wasnt just converter slip. well it started getting so bad i had to take it in. They dropped it out of the truck and were completely amazed at what they saw. There were fibers they said were from the tcc shoved up in the valve body, and some converter material shoved up into the shaft seals and made them go into an egg shape. also the clutches were burned up and some 'shifting fork' was screwed up they said. Also they said that the transcooler was plugged up with the debris from the converter. What they said they're going to do, is replace the t-con with a super heavy duty one, install a shift kit, and put some good stuff inside it.

My question is: How the hell did i mess it up THAT bad with a totally stock engine, except for plug wires? Ive been using russ K's trans tune. Only thing i modded in it was taking out TM, because everyone said you can do it on an 80.

Also, when they do the shift kit in my 80E, will they be able to make it not shift neckbreakingly hard in the VCM? Id only like that to be in my tow haul mode like before. Im not familiar with shift kits too much, so if thats just a retarded question, then ignore it. I just dont want to be driving along in the wet under light throttle and get any sideways action going into the next gear.

I think we're going to have to force you to have manual trans vehicles from now on... Anyone who can kill a 60E with a 4.3 and an 80E with a stock 6.0 shouldn't drive automatics... LOL

Wierd. Sounds like the TCC ate itself big time. Yikes!
    Were you doing full throttle pulls with the TCC locked?!! <j/k>
    Always Support Our Troops!

Actually, I did two WOT pulls, but the clutch didnt hold it, so i went home without doing any more. lol

Yeah, a manual might still be in my future.

...Now the question is...Will an Allison hold up to me??

Only if you pair it with an ecotec... LOL

LOL then I'd have the worlds first Cobalt with towing package and 6500lb payload.

I was thinking HHR as it's "supposed" to be modeled after a 49 suburban.... LOL

Hey, what's wrong with an EcoTec and an HHR??

I resemble those remarks!!

Screw you bank 2 guys!! Hey, j/k here!!

Yeah, some people just dont fit into HHRs. Im one of them. When i get in to go somewhere and open the door, i prefer to step up, not sit down. lol

LOL...
    Benny, when are you going to install the allison so gman can try and destroy it?

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    ...so gman can try and destroy it?
    Try? I dont think you know who you're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by gman4dx266
    Yeah, some people just dont fit into HHRs. Im one of them. When i get in to go somewhere and open the door, i prefer to step up, not sit down. lol
    Heh, I (6') fit just fine! Lean and mean, just like a good high HP tune.