Thread: cylinder volume?

cylinder volume?

with my new bigger cube combo what and how do i change this to compensate for bigger cubes and more compression? and what role will this play in the tune if any?

Senior Tuner
    cylinder volume is used in air mass estimation in Speed Density.
    if you get more cubes but dont 'tell' the computer about it, it will think it gets a lot of air in small space, thus your VE will be unreasonably high.

well im running no mass air, so how do i determine how to calculate this to change my cylinder volume?

i just googled a cubic inch to liters conversion and divided it by 8 and came up with a cyl liter volume of .80467. does this sound correct? 3.900 bore and 4.100 stroke.

Tuner in Training
    Makes no since to me, I had a 5.3 and went to a 6.2 and having all kinds of trouble trying to tune it, You give it a bigger motor it goes crazy and basically says you have the wrong engine, Anything over 6200 rpms and it says you have kr big time and doesn't matter what timming you are running, The guy that is trying to work with it is ready to give up

Tuner
    you don't give it a bigger motor via the engine type selection. you only change the cylinder volume