Thread: unlimited liscence and RTT

Tuner

unlimited liscence and RTT

i have 2000 f-body open (6 credits used) to unlimited. i went to change my car to RTT and it wants the one additional credit. if i have my car open to unlimited, then why should i need to pay to change to RTT? didn't think i would have to.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    RTT is a free addition to our Custom operating systems, custom operating systems require either 1 or 2 credits depending on which one you need. You can read more about our custom operating systems here http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_enhance.php

The stock operating system does NOT support & CANNOT support RTT, we make code changes so the pcm CAN support this as well as had to add code changes to both the editor & scanner to make it all work cohesively.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    so, i have to pay for your extra creativity.

hey bill, robert from PRI. remember us discussing this? now, what about switching back to normal and then back. can we, for sure, do this without paying each time?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't remember discussing RTT with you specifically, but once you license a custom OS for your vcm you'll never need to license that custom OS again and can switch back and forth with your stock file as many times as you want.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    so, i have to pay for your extra creativity.
    Why not, everyone has to pay for development of performance parts, why should this be any different. Nothing is free in this country you know. Besides, what is $50 anyways (for 1-BAR MAF RTT), it is not like they are charging $700 to tune in real time. Or just purchase the unlimited RTT support for $300, that is what I did when it came out, and it has payed for itself many times over (like my entire HPTuners package).

Tuner
    then unlimited liscenses aren't unlimited. not a huge deal. just means it's not part of the package is all.

What do you mean by unlimited licenses?

If I'm reading correctly, you have a year/model license, which allows you to tune an unlimited number of vehicles that fall under that year/model category.. This does not license you to use vcm enhancements on that year/model however though. That is a seperate license.

Also, VCM Enhancements are priced out here:
    http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_enhance.php
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    exactly. if i have the ability to access an unlimited amount of a specific year/model, then it would be reasonable to assume, that i should be able to upgrade my car to RTT because i have that year/model open to unlimited.

This does not license you to use vcm enhancements on that year/model however though.
    don't see that part explained in the program. then again, i may not know where to find that exclusion in the help file.

not a big deal. i understand that it's not part of the original licenscing of the OS. was just looking for clarification and got it is all.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    don't see that part explained in the program. then again, i may not know where to find that exclusion in the help file.

not a big deal. i understand that it's not part of the original licenscing of the OS. was just looking for clarification and got it is all.
    It is explained here http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_enhance.php and here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8632

I think your confusing RTT & VCM enhancements, they aren't the same.

A vcm enhancement or custom operating systems as they are also known as cost credits to apply. We GIVE you RTT free with most of those custom operating systems. Our vcm enhancements have always had a minimal charge attached to them unless you purchase the unlimited models again explained here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8632 and the cost is CLEARLY stated for each.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    I don't remember discussing RTT with you specifically, but once you license a custom OS for your vcm you'll never need to license that custom OS again and can switch back and forth with your stock file as many times as you want.
    switching back and forth should not cost because it's already paid for. (this is the part we discussed). i did ask about having my model/year open to unlimited, but don't remember what you said about it covering switching to RTT. which is why i'm on here now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    I think your confusing RTT & VCM enhancements, they aren't the same.
    i'm not confusing the two. here's what keith just posted

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPtuners
    This does not license you to use vcm enhancements on that year/model however though.
    he called it an enhancement.

plain and simple, i clicked OS to switch to RTT, which demands i go to 1 Bar MAP - Speed Density Enhanced Convert from: 9381344 to 1271005 (RTT).

when done, it asks for 1 credit to convert my PCM to the 1 Bar which includes RTT. i just assumed with my year/model being open to unlimited, that would cover the 1 credit. it does not. it's a add-on. i get it. just like buying a XBOX 360. if you want to play a different gane than what's supplied, you have to buy it.

so, again, RTT isn't 'free'. it costs to convert to be able to use it.

i'm not mad or upset. just wanted clarification because it asked for the one credit is all. just making sure i was hitting all the right buttons.

i understand you guys put alot of effort into designing RTT and should get paid for it.

http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_enhance.php = nothing clearly stating that even though you have unlimited liscensing for a particular year/model, it does not include enhancements.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8632 = nothing clearly stating that even though you have unlimited liscensing for a particular year/model, it does not include enhancements.

unless i'm missing where i convert my car to SD (i'm in OLSD right now to tune my VE table per the help file), i don't see a button to convert to using RTT for free, without using the 1 bar MAP - Speed Density Enhanced button.
    Last edited by mrr23; 12-14-2007 at 09:41 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You can tune OLSD without a custom operating system, same way you can tune your maf without a custom operating system, if you want to use our proprietary code which give you extra functionality yes there is a nominal charge(either 1 or 2 credits) to utilize these things, but nothing is stopping you from using the stock operating system on every vehicle you tune as using the stock operating system for 1/2/3 bar SD has been done for 10 years now just that you loose resolution, you also dont get the added benefits(tables) we provide you with our custom operating systems.

Vehicle licenses & vcm enhancements are completely separate and purchased separately.

You now have your answer if you weren't sure before & so this doesn't turn into an argument which seems to be the way its heading im going to close this now.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 12-14-2007 at 10:47 PM.