Thread: 2004 SRT-4 NO-Redline Glitch HPT

Potential Tuner

2004 SRT-4 NO-Redline Glitch HPT

Hello,

I've performed quite a bit of research over the last few months with my particular issue. I still cannot resolve or acquire any type of redline for my neon. I can literally rev it to 8000k+ (this is a stock block, so obviously that is bad lol) My goal is a redline of 6300.

I have a FBO 2004 SRT-4. Dave Trojahn tuned me via Diablo on my new setup last summer. First revision eliminated my redline after he moved it up to 6500, unfortunately and accidently blew up the engine due to over-revving. I have since then replaced engine and here I am. We tried to obtain a redline again after many revisions with diablo and HPT, still no redline. I was told that it was a glitch in the Diablo tuner software, and that moving to HP Tuners would resolve this issue.

I purchased HP tuners, unmarried my Diablo tuner. Dave provided a recalibration of one of my last tunes, (BBG E85 O2 off for catless, and a BBG 91 O2 on for emissions) I have also attempt to apply redline and reduce to stock range of 6,000-6,250. I've attempted at least 15+ times. None of the tunes provide a redline. (Unfortunately i can't start my car on a stock-oem base tune because I have a BWS/3" O2 housing, and 1025CC injectors)

How can I resolve this issue? There has to be something wrong here if two tuners (diablo and HPT) and after 30+ tuned revisions/attempts there is still literally no redline/fuel cut.

I am currently making things as simple as possible. (I re-installed MPX 3" catted down pipe, returned back to 91 pump, and I am on a pump tune with o2 sensors on) No check engine lights, car runs fantastic in exception of absolutely no redline. Current 91 tune attached.

Thanks in advanced for your replies!

- Reuben D

Advanced Tuner
    i'd suggest a performing a "write entire" from a known stock calibration file (one that has literally never been written to, just pulled from a virgin PCM). After performing the "Write Entire" operation with said calibration, read it out with HP Tuners, and ONLY make the necessary changes to get the car running with the bigger injectors and 3 bar map sensor. Then test the redline cut-off operation.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    i'd suggest a performing a "write entire" from a known stock calibration file (one that has literally never been written to, just pulled from a virgin PCM). After performing the "Write Entire" operation with said calibration, read it out with HP Tuners, and ONLY make the necessary changes to get the car running with the bigger injectors and 3 bar map sensor. Then test the redline cut-off operation.
    I'm pretty positive my original stock tune has never been touched, as I pulled it myself many years ago, and sat it to the side. Are you suggesting I find a stock srt-4 to read and pull the file from locally? (If I recall correctly, I do have a buddy here locally that has an oem stock srt-4 never tuned, I probably could pull his and utilize it) I just personally don't know how to make the correct changes to apply bigger injectors along with my 3bar tip/map sensors.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Broskiballa View Post
    I'm pretty positive my original stock tune has never been touched, as I pulled it myself many years ago, and sat it to the side. Are you suggesting I find a stock srt-4 to read and pull the file from locally? (If I recall correctly, I do have a buddy here locally that has an oem stock srt-4 never tuned, I probably could pull his and utilize it) I just personally don't know how to make the correct changes to apply bigger injectors along with my 3bar tip/map sensors.
    Are you saying you have a stock backup of your car before any tuning device ever touched it, and that this backup was pulled using HP Tuners? Or is it a Diablo backup?

Advanced Tuner
    Here's a "stock" 04 SRT-4 file I got somewhere.

Not sure if it will help. I'm sure Dave has a stock file too.

2004_SRT4_stock.hpt
    Last edited by spoolboy; 1 Week Ago at 07:29 AM.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Are you saying you have a stock backup of your car before any tuning device ever touched it, and that this backup was pulled using HP Tuners? Or is it a Diablo backup?
    Correct, I purposely unmarried my diablo, using my OG stock tune. Read it with HPT before I started writing my other E85 and pump gas tunes I acquired from Dave. I also read a few others. So I have HPT version put away.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Here's a "stock" 04 SRT-4 file I got somewhere.

Not sure if it will help. I'm sure Dave has a stock file too.

2004_SRT4_stock.hpt
    Also thanks Spoolboy, appreciate that brother. Saving. I'm going to do some research and figure what I need to do to scale this for 1025CC injectors, and 3bar Map/TIP

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Broskiballa View Post
    Also thanks Spoolboy, appreciate that brother. Saving. I'm going to do some research and figure what I need to do to scale this for 1025CC injectors, and 3bar Map/TIP
    Open the stock file and then your current file in compare. Choose view comparison log from the top menu and copy over all the stuff in the engine>airflow and engine>fuel tabs except for the DFCO settings. Then go to the engine diagnostic tab and copy over the stuff in airflow and any match up any codes with green squares when you go to that tab.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Open the stock file and then your current file in compare. Choose view comparison log from the top menu and copy over all the stuff in the engine>airflow and engine>fuel tabs except for the DFCO settings. Then go to the engine diagnostic tab and copy over the stuff in airflow and any match up any codes with green squares when you go to that tab.
    Thanks, highly appreciated my man!