Thread: Need help with hitting some type of limit on 2022 Redeye please ..Yes Ive Searched..

Potential Tuner

Need help with hitting some type of limit on 2022 Redeye please ..Yes Ive Searched..

2022 Redeye A8 Mods are:
    Titan2 camshaft locked out
    Longtube headers full OR exhaust
    Fore Triple pump setup
    ID1700 injectors
    Ported kong stock blower w 108mm Kong TB 10% lower 2.85 Upper
    MM Catch can
    Ill attach last tune and log. Ive changed so many things gone back to start etc so some things may be whacky in tune bc of making changes trying to figure out. ANY direction would be great and would be willing to pay for some insight as I have searched countless places before posting. I like to figure out issues on my own and love the challenge but this one has me frustrated. Car is on E85. If you look at the log youll see it hits some type of limiter at 5500rpm and opens the bypass valve. Makes good power till then about 900hp 960tq on Mustang dyno.

Hellcat Log 5500limit.hpl2022 Hellcat Redeye ECU TCU Approach Limit V33.1..hpt

Let me know if you have any other questions and I appreciate any guidance! thank you.

Tuner in Training
    from what i see on your log im seeing that the fuel system should be higher in fuel pressure. look over your log it sits at 65 psi rail pressure. I Believe in my experience the pressure should be around 80+ psi. so a good indicator of that is also the fact that the AFR is reading mid to high 12 AFR should be a little richer then that so its cutting out due to fuel not getting in it. There are guys here a lot more knowledgeable then me that will look at your file over and tell you what is going on with it.

Bypass dumping is a few thing issue. Ported snouts at least from the early days cut away too much from the tops sensor oring sealing area. The logs I don't think would show it but leaks would do this also on the hellcat or low trq ECU. 4.5s were notorious for just leaks from installs the ones I saw. Then you have the injector pw limit table that would dump boost usually only an issue on reg hc as their internal tank regulator is 80 psi vs 110 on the red-eye demon stuff. Then we get to the demon red-eye max mapped trq limit around 1050 or so on the actual trq pid would bleed boost once hit. If you did full pulls would dip and come back. All fixable. The last one also was not seen much in the low trq ecus as even heavily modified it just wouldn't calculate out to that limit. The demon is why all the iat ect imat and the 4th temp table showed up a little after the demon came out. But the latter is tune related. All of this also gets worse with colder temps. When you learn the trq mapping it makes sense.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the replies guys! I have the regulator set on that log, I have tried running it boost referenced and did the same thing. Should I set the fuel pressure Higher? on the torque side it only shows around 680 or am I looking in the wrong place? Assuming it also adds torque losses, do you think that is what it is hitting ? so I need to tweak them to show lower power? on the boost side it holds 22psi the whole time it seems like then around 100lbmin flow (5500ish) it cuts power feels like a rev limiter. its a very sudden loss in power. Ill be back on the dyno tomorrow if you guys have any ideas for me to try thanks again