Thread: VE table tuning

Tuner in Training

VE table tuning

Hello
    For the life of me I just can't seem to get my 3200 rpm from being lean on my scanner using the VE Table. it's always lean.
    What am I not seeing???????
    Feel free to correct/comment on any errors
    Attached Files Attached Files

That tune file still has the MAF working, so you aren't tuning in just speed density for the VE table.

The majority of that log shows the trims are negative, so it's rich and not really lean. I stop caring once my trims are within like 3-5% because those short term trims do the job just fine.

And my goodness is that timing table horrible lol. I have no idea what you are doing there but that ain't right.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Your right I have no idea what I'm doing. lol
    Throw me a timing table and I'll try it.

Honestly just start with a 5.3 timing table because it's a 5.3 engine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Here's your posted tune with the MAF failed and stock 99' silverado 5.3 High/Low octane tables back in place.

When tuning with the MAF failed remember that you'll be referencing the low octane table if you didn't know already. Also your OS has a secondary VE table which I believe the PCM uses that with the MAF failed as well. You will either have to copy your secondary table values to the primary and interpolate the differences or switch to a custom OS of your choosing.

Tuner in Training

Bad timing table

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Honestly just start with a 5.3 timing table because it's a 5.3 engine.
    Thank you for your response.

I'll turn maf off and run the stock timing table. I'll post a scan on that.
    Are we sure a stock timing table will work/run?? Just a little concerned,, this is not a stock engine.
    The engine was dyno-ed/broke in with a single plane intake and a 750 Holly. Running @30 degrees timing through the whole pull. Hit 476hp. Trying to get more HP.
    So going back to stock tune will do this????

The stock table will absolutely be better than the one that was in there. That was terrible. It's just a starting point anyway

Senior Tuner
    This is why people shouldn’t make multiple threads. To much information is left out. You didn’t say anything about modifications.

But that said, you are also just trying to get it running good at this point, way too early to worry about tuning for power. Not sure you should expect more power switching to efi though. The test I’ve seen don’t typically see a max hp increase.

Tuner in Training
    Allow me to apologize for multiple treads.

I'm all over the place as well as all over the place with this tune/forum.
    I'm trying to get VE table close so I can move on to MAF tuning. I was told that needs to be done first. I could be wrong??
    Yes there has been alot of mods. I already have a fast lsxrt 102 intake. Been on twice. Don't know HP tuners enough to get that idle down. Ran stock TB and maf. Then a aftermarket 102TB Still the same thing high idle. I think my Maf should have been turned off first,, among other things????
    Just was wondering if holly 90mm TB is a good choice??? Big $$$!! Being I can clock that TPS.
    I was told 102 is to large for 500hp. Trying to get to 500hp only 476hp @ crank now.
    Added a file of mods not sure if your able to down load it??

P.S. If anyone know of a good tuner living close to Oregon that will take these mods and tune it for me let me know????????? Everyone I talk to tells me to go to hell. Some legal BS (Emissions thing) I get it/understand but boy does it play hell on getting a good for us HP lovers.
    Last edited by corsairguy; 1 Week Ago at 04:50 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by corsairguy View Post
    I'm trying to get VE table close ... I could be wrong??
    no sir, you are on the right track.

Tuner in Training

ve-tuning

Thank You
    For that file.
    I shut off the MAF with your tune file and put in stock tune. Maf helped some. The timing table didn't work to well. Lost 8 sec in the 1/4mile. Stock tune only ran from 20-65mph in an 1/8. I shut it down before the 1/4. Could tell she didn't like it
    The ugly tune I'll keep work on that timing table.
    Before I was doing 0-92 in a 1/4
    I live next door to a Raceway speed park.
    #60 is with the file tune. #61 is after some adjustments. You'll see were I ran her up a pit on 61. 3-5 degrees in timing just killed the acceleration BIG TIME!!
    #62 is with Maf back on. (Sorry) My old timing back in. Was wondering if those AFR numbers look close enough to move on to tuning the maf???
    Last edited by corsairguy; 1 Week Ago at 04:25 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    is this a race only type of application?
    i se eyour log is 16 minutes long, with 6 minutes just ideling.
    Your fuel trims/VE table can use some help, just not sure what type of set up you have here.

log.jpg

youve got some rich and some lean spots. But its a very short log thats hard to see what the rest of the trims look like